Who is it for:
This introductory half day programme is designed for anyone who has an interest in gaining a brief overview of substances and their effects.
To explore and increase participants’ knowledge of what substances are and their effects and the supports available in the community.
Participants completing this course will:
- Gain an awareness of the physical, psychological and social harms associated with substance use/misuse
- Gain an awareness of the nature and extent of substance use
- Gain knowledge about support and treatment services for substance users and families locally and nationally and how to access these services
- What are substances?
- Why do people use substances?
- What can I do?
- Statistical and current youth and adult drinking populations