Who is it for:
This introductory one day programme is designed for anyone who has an interest in gaining basic level understanding of substances and their effects.
To provide participants with a sound basic understanding of substances, to assist them in their personal or professional roles in the community.
Participants completing this course will:
- Gain an understanding of the physical, psychological and social harms associated with substance use/misuse
- Understand the nature and extent of substance use
- Consider the effects on relationships, families and communities
- Gain knowledge about support and treatment services for substance users and families locally and nationally and how to access these services
- What is substance?
- Why do people use substance?
- Basic introduction to dependency and addiction
- What can I do?
- Statistical and current youth and adult drinking populations