Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Awareness Raising Workshop.
Who is it for?
Community workers, Addiction workers and health professionals working with pregnant women.
Participants will gain an understanding of the impact of alcohol and other drug use in pregnancy and the complexities involved.
This will include:
- Basic drug and alcohol information
- Power point presentation
- DVD entitled ‘A Child for Life’ from NOFAS UK
Topics will address:
- Impact of drug and alcohol use in pregnancy
- Who is affected?
- What is FASD
- Critical periods of Development?
- FAS Facial Characteristic
- How does FASD affect a child?
- FASD at different Ages
- FASD Statistics
Includes: Workshop Packs
The information presented in this workshop is based on the research of the National Organisation for Fetal Alcohol Syndrome – UK. www. nofas-uk.org