This one-day course provides a more in-depth understanding of working with Alcohol Related Brain Injury.
Who is it for?
It is designed for those who have previously completed the Basic ARBI course or have experience working within the field of ARBI and wish to further their knowledge and practical skills.
- Become familiar with high risk factors associated with this disorder
- Have and understanding of developing an early intervention and prevention response to this condition
- An increased understanding of the importance of diet, nutrition and detox practices in this population
- Become familiar with completing a brief cognitive screen
- An overview of the stages of rehabilitation
- A more in-depth understanding of the differing assessments and interventions required across professional bodies.
- Become familiar with how to comprehensively support a person with ARBI living in either an institutional or community setting