This one-day course provides an overview of the individual effects of alcohol-related brain injury and how to begin supporting those who are affected by this condition.
Who is it for?
It will of interest to people who have completed ARBI-Introductory half day Training and those working in the field of addictions or healthcare.
To provide a basic understanding of the key skills required when working with people with Alcohol Related Brain Injury, including their family members and carers.
• An increased knowledge of effects of Alcohol Related Brain Injury, including a broader understanding of the cognitive, behavioural and emotional sequelae of the disorder.
• An understanding of the multidisciplinary approach required to begin providing rehabilitation for people with ARBI.
• Become familiar with the methods of providing interventions appropriate for people affected by ARBI.
• An understanding of the needs of the family and integrating them into care.
• Discussion of local responses and how to improve interventions and support available