Fundraising Feedback and Complaints Procedure
As a valued supporter of Alcohol Forum, we know it is important that we facilitate any feedback or complaints that you may have. If, for any reason, you should feel we have fallen short of the standard of treatment, fundraising practice or communication that you would expect from us then we will endeavour to do our absolute best to make sure that we come to a satisfactory solution. We feel it is important that we learn from our mistakes so your feedback is very important to us.
Alcohol Forum is committed to taking seriously any complaint and ensuring that all our communications and dealings with the general public and our supporters are of the highest possible standard. We listen to and respond to the views of the general public and our supporters so that we can continue to improve. We are committed to upholding the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising available on http://www.charitiesinstituteireland.ie/principles-for-fundraising/.
Alcohol Forum welcomes both positive and negative feedback as this allows us to develop and grow as an organisation dedicated to preventing and reducing alcohol related harm. Therefore, we aim to ensure that:
- It is as easy as possible to make a complaint
- We treat as a complaint, any clear expression of dissatisfaction with our operations which calls for a response
- We treat any feedback or complaint seriously whether it is made by telephone, letter, email or in person
- We will deal with it quickly, politely and respectfully
- We will respond accordingly – for example with an explanation or an apology where we have gotten things wrong and information on any action taken etc.
- We will maintain a record of all complaints and their outcome in order to: learn from complaints; improve as an organisation; and monitor complaints at Board level.
If you have a complaint
If you have a complaint about any aspect of our fundraising activities you can contact any member of staff by email, telephone or in writing.
- In Person: Talk to any member of the Alcohol Forum Staff or Board.
- By Phone: Call (00353) 074 91 25596
- By Email: Email Mariclare Gallagher on firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your complaint and with COMPLAINT in the subject line.
- By Letter: Send a letter to the CEO, Alcohol Forum, Unit B9 Enterprise Fund Centre, Ballyraine, Letterkenny, Ireland with details of your complaint and your contact details.
If your complaint is received over the phone or directly in person we will endeavour to have it resolved there and then where possible. If the complaint is not resolved at the time, the staff member talking to you on the phone will take a statement from you to capture the specifics of the complaint along with contact details for follow up purposes.
All complainants requiring further action on their complaint will receive notification, in writing, that their complaint has been received within 5 working days of receipt of the complaint. This notification will outline the steps to be taken to investigate and an anticipated timeline for the completion of the investigation.
If you are not happy with our response you may get in touch again by writing to the Alcohol Forum’s Chief Executive Officer. The CEO will ensure that your appeal is considered at Board level. You will be notified of when the next Board meeting is taking place and will receive the reply from the Board within 2 weeks of the meeting. Finally, if you feel that you are not satisfied we can direct you to an independent monitoring group who will assess your complaint in an objective manner.