A safe method of monitoring alcohol at community events -1/2 day.
Who is it for?
Festival organisers or promoters.
The Festival Care package aims to assist festival organisers or promoters (and those organising community events) to address the possible negative consequences that arise from alcohol misuse by offering guidance on the management of alcohol and its related harms at events and providing a communication plan for events that focuses on issues such as personal safety and information for parents.
Festival Care is a step by step guide to the management of alcohol and its related harms, and includes practical, common sense tips and guidance to ensure that patrons enjoy your town or village festival or community event this summer.
This involves the following:
- Briefing of key services and agencies
- Briefing of festival staff and volunteers
- Knowing the law
- An alcohol free family zone
- Publicising your festival
- Responsible serving of Alcohol training
- Introducing event marshals
- Conduct a formal post: Festival debrief Includes; Guide book with Alcohol Policy Template