Who is it for?
Young people 14 – 17 yrs., youth workers.
This introductory half day programme will look at a variety of issues facing young people in today’s society around the subject of substance misuse. The programme looks at educating young people and equipping them with the knowledge to make informed decisions in the future.
Methodology includes use of a PowerPoint presentation, group discussion based on the Body Board, Beer goggles and Quiz.
- What do we mean by substances?
- Categories of drugs
- Alcohol – the facts
- What happens in the body when we drink
- What is a standard drink?
- What is binge drinking?
- Impact of Alcohol on Performance – Sport, Study, Work
- Health Risks
- Staying Safe on a night out
Includes: Workshop pack